Sunday 28 September 2014

The One with That Guy.


Prowling a Kyoto evening search of the world's best Indian food (where else would you go?)
On the way, I inadvertently became part of the entourage of Someone who clearly needs a capital S. You know-- Mr Celebrity. That Guy. Video and still cameras, long microphones on even longer poles, surrounded him -- and a cluster of men and women all far taller and younger than him who nodded excitedly when he paused and laughed uproariously when he spoke. He was walking my way, so they were all walking my way--I was walking our way; I was part of Them. 

I was walking down Kiyamachi Street, Kyoto, with That Guy. 

A woman walking the opposite direction clutched her partner's arm and looked excited enough to faint. That Guy was Brad Pitt, Leonardo Dicaprio, George Clooney maybe (except out of shape and short and wearing a baggy cricket jumper).You can't see his face in my photo. It probably doesn't matter.That Guy has a thousand faces. Ironic, really.




Oh yeah, the food wasn't that special, and I also saw the Golden Pagoda.

Breathtaking, really. Surrounded by squealing photographers. I could have been excited enough to faint.

Seriously, breathtaking.

No comments:

Fantasy Worlds at the Brisbane Writers Festival

This will be exciting! Appearance at the Brisbane Writers Festival  with Garth Nix, Amie Kaufman and Jay Ktistoff!