Saturday 7 July 2007

chapter one

This is actually a good time to start a blog, because in my other writing I'm working on Chapter One as well. Admittedly, it's the first chapter of a manuscript I wanted to finish last year, and that already has a chapter 2,3,6,7 or 4,7,9,12 (pick any selection of random numbers) with various file names in various places on my computer. But I've made great progress recently. This is the story I was first describing to people back in my One Book One Brisbane days -- back in 2005 -- but the good news is I now know how it starts and how it ends. Real progress. I've completed an entire manuscript based on completely different material whilst agonising over those two crucial moments.

Meanwhile, on the domestic front, I've had decorators in, painting for the last three weeks and they are finally gone. Its been really hard to work, with strangers popping in and out of the house and appearing, brush in hand, at different windows whenever they're least expected. But now I have a beginning, an ending, my initial long-courted idea, some quiet space, and I'm ready to be off!

No comments:

Fantasy Worlds at the Brisbane Writers Festival

This will be exciting! Appearance at the Brisbane Writers Festival  with Garth Nix, Amie Kaufman and Jay Ktistoff!